Sunday, January 3, 2010

PLIGHT OF THE PARROT

The Rainforest where we once lived was lush and thick and green The trees they reached into the sky like none that most have seen. .

And in the tree's a hollow spot is where we both would go, For in the hollow, we would lay our eggs as white as snow. .

The forest it had plenty of food for us to eat And water holes where animals would play and swim and meet. .

One day as I was in my log I heard an awful sound, I flew out to the lookout branch to see what lurked around. .

A human with his nets and gloves, machete and a sack, Had come to steal our chicks from us, Oh how I want them back. .

And when he took our little chicks I heard a piercing cry, He dropped my chick from up above, I had to watch him die. .

And when he left, we went to see our hollow and our nest Our family was gone you see, our place where we would rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment