Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chico and the Man

By Angelo

I'm writing to let you know about a great bird I adopted thanks to Richie. Everybody loves Richie. He's really a good person and has a great heart. He told me about Chico, a Yellow Nape Amazon. The lady wanted to give him up for adoption because she couldn't keep him. Richie got us together and we brought Chico home in March of 1999. We just celebrated his 2nd birthday on April 21. We got him a birthday cake and some new toys, he even sang Happy Birthday to himself. Chico is amazing. If you go to the kitchen and get something to eat he will start to yell until you give him a taste of what ever you are eating. Even if it's a cup of water he wants a drink. Chico needs a lot of love and attention which he gets everyday. From the moment he wakes up and says GOOD MORNING. He's even learned Spanish. When my mother visits me and my two boys he's learned to say grandma in Spanish from listening to the kids say "Hi Abuela". He loves to listen to music and watching Yankee baseball games. Chico loves to take showers and sings different songs as he baths. He's learned the lollipop song and how to sneeze the way I sneeze. As well as being a good talker he is also very sentimental. One day we came from school and we didn't greet Chico, he started yelling and when I went to pick him up he hissed and tried to bite me and I told Chico NO and Chico told me NO, then Chico told me "give me kiss", so then I approach Chico and I gave him a kiss then he said I LOVE YOU!!!!!! Like he knew he was wrong but all he wanted was a simple hello when we walked in. He loves the kids, the baby cockatiel and he plays with the two parakeets. Chico gives lots of love and in return we spoil him and he deserves it. I have to thank Richie for Chico he has brought so much joy to me and my family THANK YOU RICH VERY MUCH and THANKS to all the BIRD CLUB MEMBERS!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!! Oh P.S. just wanted to let Richie know that Chico enjoys Arroz con Gandules (yellow rice and beans) as much as you do.



Angelo and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment